We want to make you aware of a range of services which can help you in your decision to come to Portaferry, or provide what you need while you are here.
Strangford Ferry (Ferry Service from Portaferry to Strangford)
From Portaferry departs on the quarter past and quarter to the hour from the Strand, Portaferry. From Strangford it departs on the hour and half hour.
Books of tickets can be bought from the Ferry Terminal Office in Strangford and from the Centra in Portaferry. Tickets can be bought on board. Card only.
Weekdays First sailing at 7:45am and last sailing at 10:45pm
Saturdays First sailing at 8:15am and last sailing at 11:15pm
Sundays First sailing at 9:45am and last sailing at 10:45pm
Tel. 028 4488 1637
Ulsterbus Service Number 10 and 9
From the Square in Portaferry to Belfast Laganside Buscentre.
Timetable is available from the Depot in High Street and at the bus stop on The Square.
There are a variety of places to stay in Portaferry.
Portaferry Hotel – https://www.theportni.com/
The Narrows Guesthouse – https://thenarrowsportaferry.co.uk/
To find a list of all other possibilities from guest houses to airbnb. Check the ANDBC council website and choose Portaferry:
Air BnB in Portaferry – https://www.airbnb.co.uk/s/Portaferry–United-Kingdom
Portaferry Village Attractions
Exploris Aquarium: Northern Ireland’s only aquarium!
The Ropewalk, Castle Street, Portaferry
Tel. 028 4272 8063
Portico Arts and Heritage Centre
A stunningly restored Grade A listed church. A social enterprise run by over 70 volunteers who enjoy making arts and heritage activities accessible to visitors near and far. it has an ongoing arts programme, and the Heritage Gallery features exhibitions, organ loft displays, interactive tablets and a Christian Music timeline. Tours are available for groups and Portico is available for hire, equipped with a/v technologies and excellent acoustics. https://www.porticoards.com/
Tel. 028 4272 8808
Ards and North Down Borough Council Visitor Information Centre
Market On The Square
Picturesque Portaferry is home to ‘The Market on the Square’ which offers the very best in local food, art and crafts. The bustling Market takes over the beautifully restored Market House and spills out onto the Square on the first Saturday of the month from April to December – 10:00am to 1:30pm.
Tel: 028 4272 9598
Places to Eat
Restaurants/cafes pubs and eateries in Portaferry
- The Port – https://theportni.com/
- The Coach Inn – 1 Ann St, Portaferry, Newtownards BT22 1LX
- Fiddler’s Green – https://www.fiddlersgreenportaferry.com/
- The Leprechaun – 10-12 High St, Portaferry, Newtownards BT22 1QT
- Dumigan’s Bar – 5 Ferry St, Portaferry, Newtownards BT22 1PB
- Salthouse Restaurant (Portaferry Sailing Club) – 38 Shore Rd, Portaferry BT22 1JZ
- The Portaferry Hotel – https://www.theportni.com/
- The Narrows – https://thenarrowsportaferry.co.uk/
- The Bull and Claw – /https://thebullandclaw.co.uk/portaferry/
- Eurospar – https://www.spar-ni.co.uk/store-locator-ni/hen90210-eurospar-portaferry/
- Captain Jacks – @Captain Jacks Portaferry
- The Wishing Well Chinese Restaurant – @Wishing Well
- Joe’s Hot Spot – https://www.facebook.com/JoesHotSpotPortaferry/
- The Ferry Grill – https://www.facebook.com/TheFerryGrill/
Portaferry Art Society
Creators and organisers of the Portaferry Plein Air Festival. Meet during school term on Wednesday evenings in the Portaferry Market House for members to draw and paint together. The membership is diverse, encompassing a wide age range and all aspects of the community. Anyone who is interested in art and having a go is welcome!
F: @Portaferry Art Society
Ph: Sara Brown 07854144831